Jeep cars are specially designed for rugged use. They are certainly perfect companions for rougher terrains and road trips and that’s the precise reason why they require higher-maintenance as compared to other luxury cars.
Cars need constant care and must be properly serviced before taking them out on a road trip. Here are some tips to take care of your Jeep so that they always remain in a good condition and you can always take them out whenever required.
Some pointers for quick maintenance:
- Check the Jeep windshield’s glass and the front and rear lights properly. If they are faded or scratched, get them repaired
- Wiper blades should be in a good condition as they are extremely important. You never know when the weather changes, so replace them if they are damaged
- Check the air pressure in all the tires
- After covering a distance of 3000 to 4000 miles, change your Jeep’s oil filter
- Check the seat belts and hoses under the hood
- Check if the engine is functioning properly
Some important tips while going on a journey:
- Double-check the tire pressure before heading on a journey
- Go for glass repair if the auto glass has small chips as it can hinder the driver’s sight
- Replace the brake fluids and engine oil
- Check the wheel weight, tire rotation, and wheel balancing
- Check the air filter regularly while you are on a journey. The air filter accumulates more dust during the journey which is why it must be cleaned regularly
Keep the basic tools, recovery strap etc.
While going on the road, you need certain essentials that can save you a lot of trouble. In case your jeep gets stuck in a tricky spot, you need a recovery strap to get out of it. For on-spot repairs equip your car with basic tools, spare wheel etc. Also have a first-aid kit, a can of water, and food ready with you.
Get the important replacements done
If you think that certain parts of the jeep are not functioning well then get them replaced immediately. Get a Jeep windshield replacement if the glass is irreparably chipped or cracked. Get the tires checked and get them replaced if they are worn out.